I've Been Sick

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I last entered anything on my blog. Given how I felt, it's not surprising. I lost my voice Tuesday, my lungs were filled with fluid, and I haven't slept through the night since then, which I'm sure doesn't help with my condition. I'm only here because of a sudden, soul-crushing depression coming on, so I'm listening to Hilary Hahn play the Violin Concerto of Sibelius as I write of my malaise. If I never get my voice back I don't know what I'll do; singing is such a vital part of me, and I hate to say I can't live without it, but I can't live without it. I have improved since Tuesday, but this moment is the first time since my illness struck that I have felt so blue. Perhaps my mind refused to indulge such dark thoughts during the worst parts of my sickness, and it's a sign of health that I can allow myself these moments of despair. It seems so ironic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Erase All Lines On The Map

Out and About

God Bless All Your Empty Little Heads