Random Observations

Observation 1...I was watching a mouse running on her wheel, then get off to scurry around her cage, and get back on the wheel for another spin. It occurred to me at that moment, that the closest animal group to humans, other than monkeys or the other primates, are rodents. Put a human in the same situation and the result would be the same. Therefore, I propose that we build some giant glass cages, cover the floor with wood shavings, and put a giant wheel in the corner for the only form of entertainment. Back in the 1970s, an idea like that would be worth at least half a million dollars, and ypou probably would get a whole lot more. Today, that same experiment would start at $3.748 million (that was a rough estimate). Observation 2...Yesterday I was taking an afternoon nap in downtown Minneapolis and a man came over to me and told me that I couldn't lay down in front of an exit. I apologized and got up to leave, then he asked me if I needed any help. Naturally I lied and said I would be fine. I regretted my response immediately. He was a nice man, his cellphone in his hand, ready to find me assistance, and I walked away. I suppose that I expected some bureaucratic rigmarole, but I realized too late that he might've been able to help me. I must remember that one should never turn down help from unexpected places. Observation 3...Today's entry is being done on my cellphone. While I prefer to write on a library computer, my phone will get the right spelling for me, which the library computer won't do. I think I am a real writer in front of a computer, but this feels real enough. I am a writer no matter how I get my thoughts down. One more thing: I learned if I write a poem or song on my blog, the blog will put it all in a paragraph. I feel limited by that, but it is what it is. It was all improvised, all good, clean fun. Expect some dirty fun in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment