The Sirens Of Titan

I wonder how I failed to read The Sirens Of Titan when I was young. In my youth, I was on quite a Vonnegut tear, reading everything from Player Piano to Galapagos, and beyond that to Slapstick, which I didn't like. So I went years without reading any Vonnegut. Then I saw The Sirens Of Titan on the shelf, and with my usual impulsiveness I decided it would be nice to read after Crime & Punishment by Dostoevsky. I luckily had never read it before. Many concepts he dealt with are present here, and he was honing his style, but still managed to tell a good story. In many ways, it might be his best book, although I still think Slaughterhouse 5 was his masterpiece. The two books share a connection in the planet Tramaldafore and the concept of time and how it passes yet still remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment