God Is My Friend

He finished his cookies and quickly left the restaurant. Something was making him sad, but he had no explanation for it. As he walked down the street, he heard a voice say, "Don't let it bum you out, man." He looked around and saw no one nearby. There was only one explanation. "Is that you, God?" "Sure is. I thought you'd be singing after that cheeseburger." "I don't feel like singing right now." "Well, sing anyway. You know the song I want to hear." "Yes Lord." When God makes a request, one can't really say no, so he did his rendition of Barnacle Bill The Sailor. When he was done, God told him how good it was. "You feel better now, don't ya?" "A little." There was an uncomfortable silence, then God asked, "What's got ya down, man?" "I think I might be crazy." "Sure you are." "Should I be worried?" "Hell no. You're not just crazy. You've got that divine madness. That's what the world needs right now. Sanity will destroy everything, but divine madness will make people see the light." "Are you sure?" "Of course I'm sure. Damn it, I'm God. Don't you doubt me. I've got my ways. Mysterious ways." "I'm sorry Lord. Please forgive me." "Don't worry about it." With that, the conversation was over, and he didn't feel so bad any more. Though he didn't know where he was going, he knew he was on the right path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment