Brevity

"Brevity is the soul of wit" Oscar Wilde said, and I believe it. That's why a comedic movie is never more than 2 hours long, while dramas seem to get longer all the time, kind of like baseball games. In the old days, when the Studio System ruled Hollywood, the producers kept things simple. Tell the story and get it over with. Even a long movie like 'The Treasure of the Sierra Madre' had no wasted moments. However, bad movies are always made, and their entirety is one wasted moment after another, but that goes without saying. Nowadays, all the independent movies are focused on character development, which to Jack Warner or Louis B. Mayer would have been a waste of time, and they were right. We don't need to know everything about someone to know their character if the story is constructed properly: if the good guy is a bad man, it won't matter if he does the right thing in the end. Some movies don't know when to end, especially action movies. The audience could care less about Vin Diesel's secret trauma; just tell the story. I wonder how my story will be told. I think I would just come out of the fog, as if I am being created right there, and the I am thrown into a madhouse. From there, an astute intern helps me escape and he becomes my manager, and I start a band that grabs the world by the balls. Unlike Steppenwolf or The Clash, I won't let go; we would make the world beg for mercy, but there can be no mercy. Not while billions are spent on the wares of the Death Merchants, I can not forgive. Not while the banksters hide better energy sources from the people to prop up their gouging of the people, I can not forgive. The world is being poisoned for nothing more than the fiction that is called money, and while I can go along with a gag, some behavior is just wrong. There has to be a way to make sense out of this world, and if it hurts to discover what that is, I say bring the pain. It will hurt for a little while, and then there will be no more pain. Chances are some asteroid hits the Earth first, but it is time for dreaming, beyond the timid dreams of politicians and warmongers and other corrupt fools. I say the meek must claim their inheritance now. Of course, that would have to be a TV show, because I don't think it would fit into a 2 hour movie. Maybe though, we start with a 2 hour movie, and then make the TV show. Coming soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment