Reaching Out In The Darkness

Alone in the darkness...dare I make a sound? I can't help myself. I sing out a song Leadbelly sang long ago and keep walking. Can't stop now...keep walking. There are glimpses of life as I pass by, and I listen as the song ends. No applause (none expected), no sound at all except for autos on the street I walk along. The sun is shining, but it is all darkness to me. Maybe yelling would help. Yes, yes, yelling would surely help. I'll channel my inner Jim Morrison and let the world know about the time when Jim and I were back in seminary school. No response from this cold world? Guess I'll have to finish the song, and throw in Shaman's Blues for good measure. I feel so good as my voice vibrates the air that surrounds me, maybe too good. Most people in my situation would be miserable, but I'm too easily satisfied I suppose. "The only solution is the amazing..." I say to some lady walking down the street, but she smiles weakly and scurries away. No contact there. Did I try to hard? I thought the best way to reach others was through cryptic messages...obviously I was wrong. So much darkness, yet I feel the light within me burning bright./ Only warmth on the coldest of nights/ Only my sorrow to bring me joy/ Only my sorrow can bring me joy./ I can feel the hand of destiny/ holding me tight, guiding me/ spinning me around as night descends/ lets me know madness is my friend/ Madness is my only friend/ Sometimes it leaves but comes back again/ Tell me madness where've you been?/ I already know...I've been there too/ I'll be there again before I'm through/ There's nothing else I want to do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment