Love and Hate

I love you all. Even the people who look down their nose at me as I pass them by and won't say hello, I love them too, the poor misguided fools. Even the politicians who won't do a thing to help me, I love them as well. I embrace love because it is so easy, because, let's face it, hatred is a lot of work. You have to waste valuable calories seething, and waste your thoughts on all the miserable scum who made your life a living hell, when all you need do is wear a vacant smile and think about constructive things. Someone did you wrong? Well, you are forgiven. Go in peace, go far, far away. That was easy, wasn't it? The problems created by them can turn into opportunities for you, so love the rotten bastards even if you have to fight them sooner or later. The trouble with love is that it doesn't boost your energy level during a crisis. During a fight, it would just say let's get our ass kicked and forgive them later as we're licking our wounds. But that's not true: love would fight for all, whereas hate cares only for itself. As Greek warriors would fight to show their lovers they were worthy of the love they were given, so too do those with love in their hearts would want to show their comrades that I will not be defeated by those spurred on by hate. Americans would fight harder than the Nazis because they had something they believed in personally, whereas the Nazis had only something to fight for that someone else believed in. And Italians? They have too much good food to live for, so they would run as soon as it looked like they would never eat their mother's lasagna again. That viewpoint I take from an old British TV show, The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin, when the Italians are indicted for cowardice because of their wonderful food, whereas the British, who had blood pudding and kidney pie, would fight to the death because they had nothing to live for. I seem to be losing the point here, but this simple digression doesn't change the answer that much. When people worry about the Red Chinese and their military, I don't because the Chinese aren't fighting for a cause they believe in; they fight for a cause that doesn't even believe in love, whereas America has a volunteer army, where all the fighters believe in love and the American way. Only the Democrats could screw up that advantage, but even they wouldn't succeed. How about Trump? I pray he never gets near the White House again, because he only loves himself. I hate to say that about a dear friend of mine, but only narcissism explains why he's still prattling on about 2020. For the good of the world, he should call me up and we'll go to Hollywood and save American culture, the greatest force in the world today. Donald, I say, get out of politics, for it only brings out the worst in people, but he doesn't listen. Either that, or Junior has Donald drugged up in a cellar somewhere, so Junior can continue his dreams of world conquest. I never liked Junior; it's just the kind of thing he would do. Junior even sent me an email cutting down vaccination for Covid-19, which was the Donald's greatest achievement as President. The next time I send an email to the Donald, I will advise him to disown the brat. He's too much like you, dear friend. He only loves himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment