Splendid

Where do I start? With my vow to make a new, improved blog, bolstered by a score of exclamation marks, I may have painted myself into a proverbial corner. Eliminating the woe often expressed in my writing, I threaten to become untruthful and unrealistic. Not that truth and realism matter that much to me, but I shouldn't censor my own feelings in the pursuit of...what, exactly? I don't know. I just like writing. If I just adjust my stream of consciousness to a more fact based narrative, it could be dull, or even call for the hard work of research. What fun is writing if I can't occasionally make up my own facts? For God's sake, as Ronald Reagan said "Facts are stupid." If I have to be stupid, I might as well just wing it. But I should be more serious, because facts can be a valuable source, from which insight can be found. Let's just say facts are the ore from which wisdom is forged. Knowledge, in and of itself, is often dubious, worth nothing other than helping pepper conversations with some interesting items. The reason people talk about sports so often is the mountain of statistics that accompany each sport, and helps to explain why baseball is still taken seriously today. Baseball can be improved: the first step is to let the batter keep the bat as he goes around the bases, to give the dull game a bit of the old ultra-violence in order to better compete with football. Another dull sport that needs fixing is golf: instead of being a solo game, with each foursome having one ball for each player, it should be only one ball per foursome, with two golfers per side. After the ball is driven, everyone runs after it and tries to take the next shot, until the ball is finally put in the hole. No need to worry about par. The whole point will be who puts the ball in the hole, like hockey on grass. The whole genteel yawnfest would be changed forever. What other problems come from being new and improved? One that springs to mind is that spontaneity would cease to be encouraged, because one would be worried that this wasn't new enough, or improved at all. The page would become amber, and the thought expressed there like the insects encased therein. And what about those occasions when reason has fled? Do I just say my psychosexual issues prevent me from writing anything, or do I just let the words fly from my fingers like bullets from an AK-47? I should just admit that it was all just cynical marketing to begin with. My hope was that someone would see the 'new, improved' and peruse it, like shoppers grabbing rebranded items off a shelf in the grocery store. To me though, the worst thing is that new and improved implies that the old stuff was oldhat and of such poor quality that anything would be an improvement. That hurts. So I must say that this blog won't be improved because it's already splendid just as it is, but I will try to have an idea from time to time that I will explore in detail. For example, I am still pissed off that all these online games promise money and never deliver, and not one lawmaker has enough gumption to take those scumbags down. I will be hounding my senators and representatives on this matter, because if these games delivered as promised then poverty would be ended. Isn't that what the powers that be want? Or maybe they like to have a significant part of the population to be barely surviving, because that makes their work seem so important. I promised to do that a couple of weeks ago, but now that I'm new and improved I will get right on it, in a little while. So expect high journalistic standards, and less incoherent sexuality. I'm sure that will draw a crowd. Or I'll get high and please myself whilst listening to some standards. Either way is good enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment