Wishes, an Addendum

If you read my last entry, I proposed that I be given a million dollars. Some of you might think that you should get a million dollars instead of me. But I don't want the money for me: I want it for the sake of the world. If I die poor, the world is doomed. Only after God realized my dim financial situation, did global warming begin in earnest. President Biden, once informed of this, grasped the implications immediately. "We thought it would take decades of habit change and trillions of dollars to end this existential crises, but now it's clear that all we have to do is give a few million dollars to one existentialist." The Republicans and Democrats agree with great fervor, and soon after I deposit the money, the world quickly becomes a paradise. I start a talk show, and it becomes a major sensation. Statues of Confederate generals are replaced by me and the pigeons are overjoyed. None of that would happen if any of you were given a million dollars. In fact, it would only get worse. But thanks to my new found wealth and sterling example to the people of the world, humanity would enter a new Golden Age. So contact your representatives and let them know that to solve the world's problems, they must begin by solving mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment